Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Contributor Introduction - Milan Hosta

I am an associate professor for the philosophy of sport at Faculty of Sport, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia. Due to lack of teaching hours, we are in the stage of curricula changes, I have devoted some of my recent time to development of practical guides for coaches and PE teachers in order to address fair play, discrimination and violence in sport www.sportikus.org. Beside sport ethics, I found main interests in radical social ecology and dynamics of social changes, symbolic and social power of sport, and game theory. As an asthmatic, I teach buteyko breathing therapies as well, which brings me to the core principles of life habits i.e. breathing and eating. Through intensive observation of these bodily functions, the interest for spirituality spontaneously arises.

No comments: